APSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper Questions And Answers
APSC’s CC (Preliminary) Examination – 2018
1. Which Articles of the Indian Constitution deal with Right to Equality?
a. Articles 14 to 18 b. Articles 19 to 22
c. Articles 22 to 24 d. Articles 25 to 30
Answer:- a. Articles 14 to 18
2. Which Amendment incorporated the Fundamental Duties in the Indian
a. 40th Amendment b. 42nd Amendment
c. 44th Amendment d. None of the above
Answer:- 42nd Amendment
3. In India, who appoint(s) the District Judges?
a. The Governor b. The Judges of the High Court
c. The Chief Minister d. The President
Answer:- a. The Governor
4. Which of the following regional parties was formed prior to the
a. DMK b. AIADMK c. Asom Gana Parishad d. Shiromani Akali Dal
Answer:- d. Shiromani Akali Dal
5. Which of the following is not a feature of Panchayati Raj System?
a. Three-tier structure b. Direct election
c. Reservation of seats d. None of the above
Answer:- d. None of the above
6. The North-Eastern Areas (Reorganization) Act was passed in the year
a. 1981 b. 1972 c. 1970 d. 1971
Answer:- d. 1971
7. In India, the RTI Act came into force on
a. 15th June, 2005 b. 15th August, 2005
c. 12th October, 2005 d. 1st November, 2005
Answer:- c. 12th October, 2005
8. What is the proportion of seats reserved for women as the
Chairperson in the Gram Panchayat?
a. 1/2 b. 1/3 c. 2/3 d. 1/4
Answer:- b. 1/3
9. Which Article of the Indian Constitution gives authority to impose
central rule if there has been failure of the constitutional machinery
in any state of India?
a. Article 356 b. Article 256 c. Article 2 d. Article 3
Answer:- a. Article 356
10. Which of the following is not a feature of Indian Constitution?
a. Democratic b. Presidential c. Republic d. Federal
Answer:- b. Presidential
11. The Constitution of India is parliamentary because
a. there is an elected President b. there is a Supreme Court
c. there is a Parliament
d. the Executive is responsible to the Legislature
Answer:- d. the Executive is responsible to the Legislature
12. Right to Education is a fundamental right under the Article
a. 22 (A) b. 21 (A) c. 23 (A) d. 24 (A)
Answer:- b. 21 (A)
13. Which of the following schedule deals with the administration of
tribal areas in Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram?
a. Fifth Schedule b. Sixth Schedule c. Seventh Schedule d. Eighth Schedule
Answer:- b. Sixth Schedule
14. The Council of Ministers includes
a. the Cabinet Ministers b. the State Ministers
c. the Deputy Ministers d. All the above
Answer:- d. All the above
15. Which one was not the principal item of export in the 17th century
a. Pepper b. Opium c. Ivory d. Sugar
Answer:- d. Sugar
16. Who founded the Home Rule League in September, 1916?
a. Vinayak Damodar Savakar b. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
c. Lala Lajpat Rai d. Annie Besant
Answer:- d. Annie Besant
17. Gandhi-Irwin Pact was signed in the year
a. 1931 b. 1925 c. 1929 d. 1932
Answer:- a. 1931
18. Hayungthal Copper Plate was issued by
a. Bhaskar Varman b. Susthita Varman
c. Banamala Varman d. Harjjar Varman
Answer:- d. Harjjar Varman
19. Who was the founder of Pala Dynasty
a. Gopala b. Viradutta c. Indrapala d. Brahmapala
Answer:- a. Gopala
20. Which one of the following is known as the Land of Midnight Sun?
a. Finland b. Spain c. Norway d. Greenland
Answer:- c. Norway
21. Which of the following numerical stands as the extend of seawater/
ocean water distance from the baseline in case of Exclusive Economic
a. 200 nautical miles b. 250 nautical miles
c. 300 nautical miles d. 500 nautical miles
Answer:- a. 200 nautical miles
22. Which of the following river does not meet the Bay of Bengal?
a. North Pennar b. Subarnalekha
c. Mahi d. Vaigal
Answer:- c. Mahi
23. Identify the district which ranks first in regards to density of
population as per 2011 Census
a. Dhubri b. Barpeta c. Nalbari d. Nagaon
Answer:- a. Dhubri
24.Which of the following Wildlife Sanctuaries is located in Udalguri
a. Chakrashila b. Bornadi c. Amchang d. Bura Chapori
Answer:- b. Bornadi
25. Which of the following traditional agricultural practices is followed by
the Apatanis of Arunachal Pradesh?
a. Bambo-drip irrigation b. Zabo system
c. Paddy-cum-fish culture system d. Panikheti system
Answer:- c. Paddy-cum-fish culture system
26. Identify the power project which is managed by NEEPCO.
a. Bangaigaon Thermal Power Station
b. Lawka Gas Thermal Power Station
c. Namrup Thermal Power Station
d. Kathalguri Thermal Power Station
Answer:- d. Kathalguri Thermal Power Station
27. Which of the following is the major contributor to national income of
India within the primary sector?
a. Agriculture b. Service c. Forestry d. Mining
Answer:- b. Service
28. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes
given below the lists:
a. Famines in India
b. Poverty & un-British rule in India
c. The Industrial Evolution in India
d. Essays on Indian Economics
1. Dadabhai Naoroji
2. M.G. Ranade
3. B.M. Bhatia
4. D.R. Gadgil
Answer:- 2. (a-3),(b-1),(c-4),(d-2)
29. In India, the Zamindari system first introduced in
a. Bengal b. Madras c. Bombay d. Delhi
Answer:- a. Bengal
30. In terms of nominal GDP, India’s economy is the world’s
a. 2nd largest economy b. 4th largest economy
c. 5th largest economy d. 6th largest economy
Answer:- c. 5th largest economy
31. The Second Five-Year Plan of India advocated substantial investment
a. small industries b. cottage industries
c. heavy industries d. sick industries
Answer:- c. heavy industries
32. The aggregate growth model followed by First Five-Year Pian in India
was the growth model developed by
a. Harrod-Domar b. R.Solow c. J.Robinson d. None of them
Answer:- a. Harrod-Domar
33. Which one of the following was never an objective of Five-Year Plans
a. To attain growth b. To bring justice with equality
c. To modernize the agricultural sector
d. To reduce immigration
Answer:- d. To reduce immigration
34, Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes
given below the lists:
A. Urjit Patel 1. Chairman, SBI
B. Viral Acharya 2. Governor, RBI
C. Bibek Debroy 3. Member, Monetary Policy, India
D. Rajnish Kumar 4. Chairman, Economic Advisory Council
Answer:- 1. (a-2),(b-3),(c-4),(d-1)
35. Pick the odd one out.
a. Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
b. Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA)
c. Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA}
d. Micro Units Development and Refinery Agency Ltd. (MUDRA)
Answer:- d. Micro Units Development and Refinery Agency Ltd. (MUDRA)
36. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes
given below the lists:
A. PMMY 1. Self-employment scheme
B. PMRY 2. Scheme for funding non-corporate, non-farm sector
C. PMGSY 3. Credit-link subsidy scheme for housing
D. PMAY 4. Scheme for all-weather road connectivity for rural India
Answer:- 2. (a-2),(b-1),(c-4)(d-3)
37. Which of the following is responsible for the preparation of National
Accounts that includes GDP in India?
a. National Accounts Division of Central Statistical Office
b. NITI Aayog
c. Ministry of Finance, The Govt. of India
d. The Reserve Bank of India
Answer:- a. National Accounts Division of Central Statistical Office
38. Choose the correct statement.
a. The last Chairperson of the Planning Commission of India was Dr,
b. At present, Arvind Subramanian is the chief economic advisor to
the govt, of India
c. Amitabh Kant was the CEO of the NITI Aayog in 2018
d. V.K. Sinha is the present Chairman of SEBI.
Answer:- c. Amitabh Kant was the CEO of the NITI Aayog in 2018
39. Match List-I with List-Il and select the correct answer using the codes
given below the lists:
A. Saubhagya Yojana 1. Free LPG Connection to the poor
B. Ujjwala Yojana 2. Universal household electrification
C. Bharatmala Pariyojana 3. Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik
D. UDAN 4. Umbrella Programme for highways
Answer:- 2. (a-2),(b-1),(c-4),(d-3)
40. As per 2011 Census, which of the following States showed a negative
decadal growth rate of population?
a. Sikkim b. Arunachal Pradesh
c. Nagaland d. Mizoram
Answer:- c. Nagaland
41. In India, “any tax on supply of goods or services or both except taxes
on supply of the alcoholic liquor for human consumption” is called
a. an indirect tax b. goods and services tax
c. non-excise duties d. general sales tax
Answer:- b. goods and services tax
42. Who used to give the final approval to the Five-Year Plan in India?
a. The Planning Commission b. The President of India
c. The Prime Minister of India d. National Development Council
Answer:- d. National Development Council
43. Choose the correct duration of the 12th Five-Year Plan
a. 2010-2015 b. 2011-2016 c. 2012-2017 d. 2013-2018
Answer:- c. 2012-2017
44. Who was the Deputy Chairperson of the First Five-Year Plan?
a. Gulzarilal Nanda b. V.T. Krishnamachari
c. C.D.Deshmukh d. N.R.Pillai
Answer:- a. Gulzarilal Nanda
45.NITI Aayog has prepared the First Three-Year Action Agenda for the
a. 2015-16 to 2018-19 b. 2016-17 to 2019-20
c. 2017-18 to 2019-20 d. 2017-18 to 2020-21
Answer:- c. 2017-18 to 2019-20
46.Which of the following is not a component of Sustainable
Development Goals (SDG) being coordinate by the NITI Aayog?
a. No Poverty b. Zero Hunger
c. Life on Land d. Nuclear Non-Proliferation
Answer:- d. Nuclear Non-Proliferation
47. During which Five-Year Plan, the Green Revolution was introduced in
a. Second Five-Year Plan
c. Fourth Five-Year Plan
b. Third Five-Year Plan
d. Fifth Five-Year Plan
Answer:- c. Fourth Five-Year Plan
48. If light’ is called ‘morning’, ‘morning’ is called ‘dark’, ‘dark’ is called ‘night’, ‘night’ is called ‘sunshine’ and ‘sunshine’ is called ‘dusk’, then when do we sleep?
a. At night b. At sunshine c. In dusk d. At dark
Answer:- b. At sunshine
49. If MINERAL is written as ‘QRSTUVW’ and SOUND is written as ‘ABCSD’, then how will READER be written in the same code?
a. SBFEFS b. UTVDTU c. TUDVUT d. QDZCDQ,
Answer:- b. UTVDTU
50. Arun said, “This girl is the wife of the grandson of my mother”. Who is Arun to the girl?
a. Father b. Grandfather c. Husband d. Father-in-law
Answer:- d. Father-in-law
51. If P is taller than Q, R is shorter than P, S is taller than T but shorter than Q, then who among them is the tallest?
a. P b. Q c. S d. T
Answer:- a. P
52. In the numbers from 100 to 1000, how many times digit 1 comes at the 10’s place?
a. 9 b. 10 c. 90 d. 300
Answer:- c. 90
53. If second and fourth Saturdays and all Sundays are holidays in a 30-day month beginning on Saturday, then how many working days are there in that month?
a. 20 b. 21 c. 22 d. 23
Answer:- d. 23
54. Arrange the given words in a meaningful sequence and then choose the most appropriate sequence from among the alternatives:
1. Probation 2. Interview 3. Selection
4. Appointment 5. Advertisement 6. Application
d. 6,5,4, 2,3, 1
55. In a city, 40% of the adults are illiterate while 85% of the children are literate. If the ratio of the adults to that of the children is 2:3, then what percentage of the population is literate?
a. 20% b. 25% c. 50% d. 75%
Answer:- d. 75%
56. A hill will always have
a. trees b. animals c. water d. height
Answer:- d. height
57. The population of a town was 62500 two years ago. Due to migration,
it decreases at the rate of 4% per year. Therefore, the present
population will be
a. 56700 b. 57600 c. 58800 d. 60000
Answer:- b. 57600
58. How does calcium carbide ripen mangoes?
a. It reacts with moisture and release ethylene
b. It reacts with moisture and release ethyne
c. It reacts with moisture and releases acetaldehyde which in turn
d. It reacts with starch and releases acetylene
Answer:- c. It reacts with moisture and releases acetaldehyde which in turn
59. Which one of the following reflects back more sunlight as compared to other three?
a. Sand desert b. Paddy cropland
c. Land covered with fresh snow d. Prairie land
Answer:- c. Land covered with fresh snow
60. Which of the following is a biofertilizer?
a. Rhizobium b. Azobacter c. Blue-green algae d. All of the above
Answer:- d. All of the above
61.Which country has approved the medical and therapeutic use of
cannabis and its derivatives on 19″ October, 2017?
a. Cambodia b. Qatar c. Pakistan d. Peru
Answer:- d. Peru
62. Vermicomposting is done by
a. fungus b. bacteria c. worms d. animals
Answer:- c. worms
63. The group of organisms which converts light into food is called
a. autotrophs b. heterotrophs c. decomposers d. omnivores
Answer:- a. autotrophs
64. What does India’s first all weather tracked-chassis QR-SAM stand for?
a. Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile
b. Quotient Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile
c. Quicker Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile
d. None of the above
Answer:- a. Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile
65. Which organization was the lead agency for the BIMSTEC DMEx- 2017?
a. The National Disaster Response Force
b. The Nationa! Disaster Management Force
c. The National Disaster Security Force
d. The National Disaster Rehabilitation Force
Answer:- a. The National Disaster Response Force
66. Which Indian cartoonist won the International Award in the best
caricature category at the World Press Cartoon Awards 2018?
a. Chackalethu John Yesudas b. Aseem Trivedi
c. Thomas Antony d. Satish Acharya
Answer:- c. Thomas Antony
67. What does JICF stand for in the context of JICA and the NE Region?
a. Joint India Coordination Forum for development of North-Eastern
b. Japan-India Coordination Forum for development of North-Eastern
c. Joint Asian Coordination Forum for development of North-Eastern
d. None of the above
Answer:- b. Japan-India Coordination Forum for development of North-Eastern
68. Which country has celebrated 25″ year of diplomatic ties with India
a. Syria b. Saudi Arabia c. Israel d. Afghanistan
Answer:- c. Israel
69. In which city did India’s first e-court open?
a. Bengaluru b. Mysuru c. Chennai d. Hyderabad
Answer:- d. Hyderabad
70. SBI has launched a new initiative to facilitate corporate looking to
invest in India. What is it called as?
a. China Desk b. Japan Desk c. Bhutan Desk d. Myanmar Desk
Answer:- b. Japan Desk
71. in 103 Indian Science Congress, Prime Minister Narendra Modi
coined five Es for enquiry and engineering. What do the five Es stand
a. Economy, Ecology, Energy, Enquiry and Equity
b. Economy, Environment, Energy, Empathy and Equity
c. Economy, Energy, Empathy, Ecology and Equality
d. Environment, Energy, Ecology, Empathy and Equity
Answer:- b. Economy, Environment, Energy, Empathy and Equity
72. In which Chinese city, the Indian and Chinese armies launched their
5th annual anti-terrorism exercise holding hand in hand?
a. Beijing b. Shanghai c. Kunming d. None of the above
Answer:- c. Kunming
73.Which social networking giant has partnered with National
Commission for Women (NCW) to offer digital literacy programme
a. Skype b. Facebook c. Twitter d. Linkedin
Answer:- b. Facebook
74.What is the GDP growth of India forecast for 2018, as per latest
Moody’s Investors Service Report, “Global Macro Outlook, 2018-19?
a. 7.8% b. 7.6% c. 7.4% d. 7.3%
Answer:- d. 7.3%
75.Which one of the following is a profusely illustrated treatise on
elephants, dated 1734?
a. Chitra-Bhagavata b. Hastividyarnava
c. Kadambari d. Parijatharan
Answer:- b. Hastividyarnava
76. Which one of the following scholars is believed to have written the
a. Vishnu Sharma b. Bhattadeva c. Suchruta d. Chaitanya
Answer:- a. Vishnu Sharma
77. Hornbill Festival of Nagaland is celebrated in which of the following
a. Khonoma b. Kisama c. Barabasti d. Touphema
Answer:- b. Kisama
78. Which artist made the famous painting ‘Guernica’ in 1937?
a. Michelangelo b. Pablo Picasso c. Pablo Neruda d. Salvador Dali
Answer:- b. Pablo Picasso
79. Lai Haraoba is an important festival of
a. Mizoram b. Meghalaya c. Manipur d. Tripura
Answer:- c. Manipur
80. The largest Buddhist Monastery in India is located in
a. Sanchi b. Bodhgaya c. Nalanda d. Tawang
Answer:- d. Tawang
81. Ima Keithel is the largest
a. freshwater lake in Manipur b. association of Manipuri mothers
b. association of Naga mothers d. all-women market in Manipur
Answer:- d. all-women market in Manipur
82. Which Indian actor is also a recipient of Jnanpith Award in literature?
a. Girish Karnad b. Habib Tanvir c. Utpal Dutt d. Shyam Benegal
Answer:- a. Girish Karnad
83. The Cheraw dance is a dance form of
a. Meghalaya b. Sikkim c. Puducherry d. Mizoram
Answer:- d. Mizoram
84. Therukoothu is an art form of
a. Telangana b. Kerala c. Tamil Nadu d. Maharashtra
Answer:- c. Tamil Nadu
85. Who wrote the book, We, the People?
a. J.R.D.Tata b. Mahatma Gandhi
c. Jawaharlal Nehru d. Nani Palkhivala
Answer:- d. Nani Palkhivala
86. Who was the first recipient of the Sahitya Academi Award for English
a. Nayantara Sehgal b. R.K. Narayan
c. Raja Rao d. Mulk Raj Anand
Answer:- b. R.K. Narayan
87. Which of the following is not a poetic tradition?
a. The Epic b. The Occult c. The Tragic d. The Comic
Answer:- d. The Comic
88. Renaissance is a/an
a. Italian word b. Spanish word c. Greek word d. French word
Answer:- d. French word
89. The room on the Roof was written by
a. Ruskin Bond b. Virginia Woolf
c. Thomas Hardy d. George Orwell
Answer:- a. Ruskin Bond
90. How many ‘Ghosas’ are there in the Nama Ghosa?
a. 500 b. 1000 c. 1500 d. 2000
Answer:- b. 1000
91. Which language was used by Sankardeva for composing Ankia Nat?
a. Pali b. Brajavali c. Prakrit d. Apabhrangsha
Answer:- b. Brajavali
92. Which of the following was the first Ankia Naat written by Sankardeva?
a. Patniprasad b. Chinhayatra c. Rukminiharan d. Kaliyadaman
Answer:- b. Chinhayatra
93. Who is known as the father of Assamese prose?
a. Ratnakar Kandali b. Bhattadeva
c. Sarbavauma Bhattacharyya d. Gopal Aata
Answer:- b. Bhattadeva
94. Which century witnessed the growth and development of the Charit
a. 14th century B. 15th century c. 16th century d. 17th century
Answer:- d. 17th century
95. The ‘Buranji’ written by Ratna Kandali and Arjun Das Bairagee was
a. Tripura Buranji b. Kachari Buranji
c. Axom Buranji d. Kamrup Buranji
Answer:- a. Tripura Buranji
96. Who was the first editor of Jonaki?
a. Lakshminath Bezbaruah
b. Chandra Kumar Agarwalla
c. Hemchandra Goswami
d. Ratneswar Mahanta
Answer:- b. Chandra Kumar Agarwalla
97. The novel, Astarag is authored by
a. Nirupama Borgohain
b. Chandra Prasad Saikia
c. Homen Borgohain
d. Nirod Choudhury
Answer:- c. Homen Borgohain
98. Aahar, and Assamese drama, written by Arun Sharma is a/an
a. social drama b. historical drama
c. absurd drama d. None of the above
Answer:- c. absurd drama
99. Who among the following was the first recipient of the Assam Valley
a. Homen Borgohain b. Nabakanta Barua
c. Bhabendra Nath Saikia d. Nilamoni Phukan
Answer:- c. Bhabendra Nath Saikia
100. Who among the following writers from Assam was awarded the
Padma Shri in 2018?
a. Arup Kumar Dutta b. Arupa Patangia
c. Dr.Dhrubajyoti Bora d. Debabrata Das
Answer:- a. Arup Kumar Dutta
Also Read:- APSC CCE Examination 2022 Examination, 793 posts, 2023 Apply Now